Monday, August 10, 2026

August 10, 2026 - A Sad Post!

 Many of you have read on my blog the antics through the years between myself and Denise (just quiltin). I don't even know what year I met Denise but it was through my friend, Sheryl.  Sheryl hosted an online quilt group called The Quilting Post. I don't remember when it all started but I think I found them in the early to mid 90's. There were quite a few quilters in there but you know how you will gravitate to one or several. I think most of us have made some lifelong friends through the online groups. Somehow, Denise became one of my lifelong friends. Sheryl and I became almost instant friends and we're still friends to this day. The other in our little group was Susan. She and her husband lived maybe 40 miles from where we lived in Texas and often on Friday night, we would meet halfway at a restaurant we all liked, have dinner, good conversation and an enjoyable evening. Before we left Texas, Susan also passed away so of that rather tight knit little group, it's Sheryl and me who are left.

Denise and I met and attended a quilting retreat together probably in about 2008. I know we were living in Nevada, MO at the time but that's about as much as I can remember as to the timeline. Sheryl had put the whole shindig together and we all had so, so much fun. We've stayed in touch through the years and the funny thing is that so often, one of us would start a chart and a week or so later, we would post it on our blog and the other one had started the same chart, sometimes on the same day. There were times when we would change the same floss color or both order the same chart on the same day. It was really funny.

I got word today that Denise has passed away.  She was quite a bit younger than I am and it was a complete shock. From the post her sister posted on Denise's blog, it was a very brief illness. So unexpected and so sad for her family!

I have a box sitting here I was going to send her and I was waiting to see if she wanted me to send it to her home or her office. I will miss her!

If you're one who prays, please pray for her family. They are close and I'm sure this was such a shock for them.

Denise was a talented quilter, cross stitcher and blogger and she will be missed by many of us.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. I will miss seeing you guys interact. What a shock.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!

August 10, 2026 - A Sad Post!

  Many of you have read on my blog the antics through the years between myself and Denise ( just quiltin ). I don't even know what year ...