Monday, September 28, 2026

September 28, 2026 - A New Stitching Plan

 This new stitching plan may be my best, easiest to follow, most likely to succeed plan yet (and you know there have been many plans!)

Tara Sullivan (again) was talking a month or so ago about her new stitching plan. If you're interested, Tara talks about it in this video.

I watched the video and thought it was kinda dorky and didn't even watch her Stitching Roulette videos #1 and #2 but then #3 came on and I was in the middle of something else and it was kinda just playing in the background and I thought . . that sounds interesting.

Then Saturday I was watching Brenda and the Serial Starter and they were talking about it and wanting to do something similar to what Tara is doing.

Then . . Vince was watching a very late night football game Saturday night (Georgia Tech playing on the west coast) and I start thinking about Tara's Stitching Roulette plan and that's when it hit me -- As I was cleaning to make room for the furniture guys to get through the sewing room, I came across a box of some of the first charts I had purchased back in 2020 and 2021. Then there was a drawer in a chest that had a bunch more. There are so many charts that I have that I want to stitch so my plan is going to be a bit less strenuous (not sure that's the right word) than Tara's plan but here's how I plan to do this.

1. I will pull 15 or 20 charts that I've had for a while (at least a year) and that I really want to stitch, kit them all up with floss and linen, place them in a bag or envelope.

2. The envelope will be closed and there will be no indication on the outside as to what's inside. 

3. Once they're all packed up, I will shuffle them up so I have no idea which one is which, then I'll stick number stickers on the envelopes and stack them in numerical order in a bin.

4. When I'm ready to start a new project, I will grab #1 and work on it until it's finished. Then I can work on a WIP - something else that needs to be finished. When I'm ready to start another new project, I will grab the #2 envelope and get it stitched. And that's how it will go.

5. Before I can buy a new chart, I have to have finished at least five projects. They can be older WIPs that are already in my bins, or they can be some of the numbered projects but . . five finishes before I buy a new chart. Honestly, when I have so many that I want to stitch and not as many years left to stitch as I would like . . why am I buying new charts anyway? 

Sound like a good plan?

Once I get all my charts pulled, I'll share photos of them. I'm only pulling charts that I really (REALLY!) want to stitch so that should help me get them done!

I'm pretty excited with this new plan. I think there are going to be quite a few stitches doing something similar to Tara's plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!

September 28, 2026 - A New Stitching Plan

  This new stitching plan may be my best, easiest to follow, most likely to succeed plan yet (and you know there have been many plans!) Tara...