You may remember this story because I have blogged about it - probably more whining than anything else - but I have one last blog post about my search for the perfect linen.
Back in 2022, Vince and I went to Branson and we went by Cecilia's Samplers. That was really my first time in a cross stitching shop and, well, I probably don't need to tell the rest of that story. As we were leaving, I saw a piece on the wall and it really caught my attention but I told myself . . no, NOTHING else today.
I kept thinking about it so we went back. I got the chart, but they were out of the linen. The lady told me it was Veldt by Picture This Plus. I began searching for Veldt. This was back when linen was a bit hard to get. I found several pieces, ordered it, but when it arrived, it was NOT the same color. The pinky brown was missing. Probably, at this point, I have about three times more Veldt in my stash than I'll ever use but I kept hoping to get that perfect colored piece of Veldt. Spoiler alert: It never happened.
There's a shop where I order sometimes and they had a picture of Veldt with the pinky brown. It must be an old picture because that is not the Veldt I received with a recent order. Because I'm so desperate for that color and I want to start that project so badly, I continued ordering Veldt, never really expecting it to be the color I'm looking for. I think it's safe to say . . I'll never get Veldt with the pinky brown but . . I no longer even need that color because I found a perfect substitute.
There are dyers out there whose colors are more consistent so if it matters to you, probably most of the time it doesn't, try to stick with those if you can't see the linen in person before purchasing.
Fast forward . . a few weeks ago, I was on Fabrics by Steph's FB page and she had a picture of her Nature's Dance linen. I thought that might work, chatted with her a minute on FB. She assured me the color in the photo would be fairly consistent with what I received so I ordered it. Today it arrived and it is so perfect. There isn't one thing about this linen I would change for this piece.
The colors are going to be perfect on Steph's Nature's Dance.
Here's the chart cover. It's an older chart (2020) and many places are out of it but it can still be found fairly easily.
When will I start this? Not right away but hopefully within a few months.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!