As you might guess, there hasn't been much going on around here. Yesterday I went back to bed after getting up and watering the garden and slept from about 7:30 until 10. Then I still slept well last night. About noon today I told Vince I was going to take a nap until almost 4 p.m. That's just a crazy amount of sleeping going on. So . . not much to report!
The first thing I need to explain is that I did not stitch 991 stitches on the 17th. That's when I switched everything over to a test project on Markup and I marked off ALL the stitches I had already stitches. The second thing is that on the 22nd, I got home from the hospital and thought . . no one will expect anything out of me this afternoon. I can stitch for hours. I made one stitch and decided I should go to bed. :)
On the 24th, I did meet my goal of 400+ stitches. I think I will again today.
Here's where I am on this piece (Come Into My Garden by Blackbird Designs. Actually, I'm just a tad farther because I've outlined the whole border. There's still more border stitching though. The border has double rows and I did half stitches on only one row of the border so there's still quite a few stitches there. I thought finishing this before the end of September would be a piece of cake but I'm not so sure right now. I will not be able to keep up with my percentage done because I had to break this chart into two projects because of the crazy formatting on this one. It's ok . . it either gets done or it doesn't.
I've been quite disciplined . . stitching the border, starting at the top and going down but . . there's only so long I can remain disciplined and I want to stitch that house. So, the new plan is that I'm going to stitch over to about the lower case "c" and "d", then stitch probably 1 - 10 on the row below, then I'm going to work on the house! My plan MAY be to stitch what's left and right of the house, fill in the border on both sides towards the top and I believe I'll be close to halfway done by then.
I'm going to change some of the bottom so I'll have to make some decisions by the time I get that far down.
As far as the kidney stone, the stent comes out tomorrow and I'm so hoping I'll feel MUCH better once that's done. I still don't have a lot of energy. Yesterday I decided to put a roast in the slow cooker for today, make cookies, make homemade pasta for our lunch and about halfway through the cookies, I realized . . I am going to struggle to finish all this. I did it but today I stayed out of the kitchen and will plan my projects a little better until I'm back to 100%.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!