For several years I have wanted to stitch Dasher & Dancer. I told Debbie in January that this is one I am going to get done in 2026. Not going to happen but I am going to start it!
It isn't HUGE but it's big. It's 355 x 168 so it will be about 17-3/4" x 8-1/2" on 40 count. If I use 36 count, it would be 19-3/4" x 9-3/8".
Yesterday I was watching flosstube and Sara W. (Stitching With Sarah W.) showed her Dasher & Dancer (at about 11:10).
The struggle for me with starting it, besides having too much else I want to work on, is that I wasn't sure what color floss to use. I've seen it stitched in green and loved it. I ordered a Colour & Cotton green and then decided maybe I'd rather have silk so I ordered a green silk. Then I decided . . no, I'd rather red. I ordered a Vikki Clayton Red silk, then I ordered several colors of red. This takes a good bit of floss so I have quite an investment in floss for this project.
But, yesterday, watching Sarah, she was using Colour & Cotton's Dracula. It's so pretty. That might be the winner of the floss contest for this project. I ordered the Dracula and at some point soon, I will choose a linen. If I decide to go with 36 count, I may have to see if Vince will make a longer scroll frame for me. Maybe I have a longer frame that has something else in it . . so much to think about! :)
Let's hope the Dracula floss works and if not, I just pick one I already have and don't order more floss for that project.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!