Friday, August 28, 2026

August 28, 2026 - Sampler September

 

Because I do much better with deadlines and accountability, I try to participate in challenges, stitch alongs, etc. with cross stitching. I so rarely stick with it but it is fun to plan and start.

Since I'm committed (or as committed as I get!) to the Blackbird Academy, and I need to stitch as much as I can to keep up with that, I'm on the fence about Sampler September. Everyone pretty much interprets it differently. Some will start several (or MANY) samplers during September. Some will work on one sampler and try to get it finished. At this point, with three days until September 1, I think I'm going to do some minimum participation in Sampler September. I'm thinking about working two hours each day on a WIP that is "sampler-ish" - something that could reasonably be finished some time soon. I dug through some projects and came up with these two. 


This is Rejoice Evermore and I'd like to think I could finish this in a couple of weeks working two hours per day.

The second one is Winter Rose Manor.


I don't think I could finish this one in two weeks working a couple of hours a day but I could make some good progress and getting it closer to being finished so this is my Sampler September plan for now.

The Blackbird Academy project will remain my main project and if I don't get Come Into My Garden finished in September, I'll chose a smaller project for October and try to finish that quickly and then get Come Into My Garden completed. I do not want to end up with Blackbird WIPs after the end of Blackbird Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!

August 28, 2026 - Sampler September

  Because I do much better with deadlines and accountability, I try to participate in challenges, stitch alongs, etc. with cross stitching. ...