Come into My Garden by Blackbird Designs is my September project for Blackbird Academy. For anyone not familiar with Blackbird Academy, it's a Facebook group by Leah Bloom (The Blooming Stitcher on Youtube) and Holly Jones (Mrs. Jones Stitches on Youtube). We have a different prompt every month. September's prompt was birds. I'm not done with it . . I may not finish it in September and if I don't, I will use this as my project again in January when the prompt is "House" or in March when the prompt is "Flowers". Or, I can finish it if I have time next month (or any other month). My plan was to stitch something different each month but my bigger plan is to finish the 10 months of Blackbird Academy with 10 finishes so . . we'll see.
You can see why I was so happy to find this linen that I knew would be perfect for this piece. It's Sassenach by Fabrics by Steph. I only ordered enough for this piece and I feel like I may need a piece of this in my stash so I may order another piece of it. I really do love it so much. This is my memorial piece fo my grandmother, who was responsible for my love of sewing, quilting, canning and probably cross stitch even though she never did cross stitching but she taught me to do embroidery when I was about 5 years old. She probably desperately needed something to keep me out of trouble and, for the most part, my love of needlework has kept me busy and probably out of trouble (unless you count Vince's frustration with all the packages that arrive).
There's still 8 days left in September but two of those days are Wednesdays and I don't work on this piece on Wednesdays (that's my day to stitch with Debbie and I stitch on something with 32 count linen on those days), so, I basically have 6 days left to stitch on this. I could get it finished but it isn't likely.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!