We've probably just decided we're never moving again and if we do, it will not be by choice. Just moving things around to get rid of the old chairs and bring in the new chairs has been a huge chore - but mostly because of the "stuff". Normally when adding furniture downstairs, the delivery folks will want to come in through the basement and the easiest way is to come in through the sewing room and then into the family room or a bedroom. The sewing room has truly filled up to the brim with "stuff" that does not need to be in there.
Of course, there's a sewing machine, a cover stitch machine, a serger, a longarm that has never been fully set up in the six years we've lived here but the table is set up taking up 12' x 4 or 5 feet of space! Then there's a cutting table and an ironing table that I made years and years ago.
There are at least 6 of the shelf units with quilting fabric and linen on them.
Then . . things that do not need to be in the sewing room - a love seat with a console in the middle, a recliner, a bed, two end tables, LOTS of jars of canned food . . and I somehow had to make a path big enough for two guys to bring recliners in and our. It's hard enough to walk through there without carrying anything.
So, I spent all day Saturday, most of Sunday and Monday morning cleaning, tossing stuff, filling bags for donation - making a path through the sewing room. There was so much that needed to be thrown out and so much that needed to be donated and there's still so much in there.
Monday about noon, the furniture store called and wanted to know if they could bring the chairs Monday afternoon. Oh, YES!! The sooner those chairs are here, the sooner I can sit down and stop cleaning because there was no stopping point in that sewing room!
The chairs arrived and Vince and I are both seriously impressed. Vince can't believe the difference in these chairs and the ones we've been buying.
In the end, the delivery guys wanted to come through the front door and down the stairs so other than removing the recliner from the sewing room, they didn't even come through there. I did make good progress getting an area cleaned but the cutting table, the sewing table, the bed, the love seat -- everything is piled high with "stuff" so I still have to go through all that. Before I start that, I'm going to organize the quilting fabric, see what I want to keep to use for finishing cross stitched pillows and small things and donate the rest of it. Once I get some shelves cleaned off, I can organize the cross stitching supplies and the rest of what's needs to be put away.
We've only had them less than 24 hours but . . as of now, we're very pleased. It's a Zecliner by Flexsteel and there are several models. This chart provides a comparison among the various models. We got the Model 2 (Standard). The only things I see that Model 2-Advanced and Model 3 have that our model doesn't have are: (1) Cooling Pillow - These chairs are in the basement - everything stays plenty cool down here. (2) Nanobionic fabric - Our store didn't have this and we weren't willing to wait 5 - 7 months (or longer) to get a chair that wasn't in stock. (3) Heat - Don't need that. I have two dogs and a heated small blanket/throw that I use if it's cold. There are times Vince might like heat on his back but he will use a heating pad for that. (4) Air Massage - We might have liked that but, again, it wasn't in stock here. (5) Lift - Nope, didn't need that . . at least not now. (6) Rocker - Definitely NOT! That's one thing I absolutely didn't want because dogs wiggle and that makes the chair moved when I'm trying to stitch!
Probably if a 2-Advanced had been available, we might have considered that but, for the extra $$, maybe not. We won't be missing what we didn't get.
The literature says this chair is for people 5'6" to 6'. I am not 5'6" and it seems fine to me.
One more thing - the specs say the chair is 40". I have not measured it but it is probably at least 5" wider than the chairs we had, which caused a bit more furniture shuffle once the chairs arrived but the chairs really are SO comfortable.
I'll try to post again after a month of using it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!