Today I almost finished organizing the linen. It was a mess. It isn't 100% fine and may never be because we keep plastic bins/totes full of various items to use as barricades for the dogs. Here is one of the bins (there are four in that "grouping") that keep the dogs from jumping from Vince's chair to the loveseat where I sit. There are others to keep them from pulling paper out of the printer, and another set that keep them from jumping up on the windowsill and scratching the wood trim. I guess it's a good thing we have so much "stuff" to build walls to block the dogs. :)
But, most of the linen is in the bins on a shelf unit in the sewing room.
I had planned to get it all rolled onto the comic book boards so it would stand up nicely and I can open the bin and see all the colors but I didn't have the time to do that. I do, for the most part, have it all separated by dyer.
The top bins are Roxy Floss Co., Colour & Cotton, Grace Notes and Tropical Stitches. The bottom bin is X-Ju and there's another bin of X-Ju linen. I'm not sure if there's more X-Ju or Picture This Plus - those are the ones I seem to have the most of.
I did keep out these two linens for family pieces.
This is the one I stitched for my dad:
This is the one I'm stitching in memory of my grandma:
I thought those two pieces of linen go nicely with these two. I didn't want to use the same linen twice but I believe these two will go nicely with a family grouping. I still want to make a memorial piece for my aunt and my grandpa and of course, some day I will make one for my uncle.
One of the things I found while cleaning in there was this chart. Denise and I were too often doing weird things (like ordering the same chart on the same day without telling each other we were going to do it, or starting the same project on the same day) and I would tell Vince and he would say "Y'all Ain't Right!" Denise and I would laugh and laugh about how often Vince would tell us that. She even has a post or two on her blog about it. I saw them when I went back to see if she had shown this piece as being finished. One of us found this chart and we both ordered it. I am going to stitch this and then put her name on it and, though not a traditional "memorial" piece, it's going to remind me of my friend when I see it and I will smile, even though I miss her!
Vince is planning to watch the Clemson/LSU game tonight and there's a LONG lightning delay so he'll be up late tonight. It will be nice to have company while I stitch.






.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!