Organizing the floss will take much longer than organizing the linen. It's a mess. Several months ago I added a page (or more) to my journal and when I order floss, I write down what it's for and immediately put it in a project bag when it arrives. Up until I started doing that, floss would get tossed into a bin when it arrived and I would never remember what it was for so . . here's the mess I created.
There's a bin for Weeks, Gentle Arts, Classic Colorworks, DMC, Colour & Cotton, Vicky Clayton Silks and Roxy Floss Co. and Victorian Motto are in one bin. There's more to go into these bins and once I'm fairly confident I have most of the floss in the bins, I'll start with a bin and alphabetize it, except for Colour and Cotton and Victorian Motto. I keep those together by color. Then I will add the new floss to the floss I already have that's organized. I put it on large rings and hang it in a closet so it's away from most of the dust and dog hair and light.
In my defense, when I first got back into stitching in late 2020, floss (and linen) was hard to find and that just fed the frenzy of getting it ALL so I never have to search for it again.
It's going to be so nice to have the linen all in one place (except for the bins that block the dogs' illegal activities) and the floss easy to find. I would like to think that will give me more time to stitch but . . you know how I am! I'll find some other rabbit hole to go down.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!