Monday, September 7, 2026

September 7, 2026 - A New to Us Bread Recipe

 Last night Vince sent me this video and said it looks good. It did look good so I told him I would make it for breakfast this morning. I did and it was super easy and delicious! I will make it again but I think I will add jalapeno peppers next time.


The stuff that looks like icing on top is actually melted cheese. I love the Rumiano mozzarella. I like it so much that I try to not even buy it!

There was over half of it leftover and I think it will be great reheated in the air fryer.

Our Azure pickup was supposed to happen today at 12:30. We had decided we would eat in Lamar (that's where we pickup) and Vince had found a Mexican restaurant to try. About 7:30 we got an email that our delivery was delayed because the truck had been damaged in a storm last night and they would let us know when they knew more. About 1:30, we hadn't heard anything and I hadn't planned lunch so I told Vince I'd grab a jar of something. 


I wanted red beans, sausage and rice so I got a jar of red beans and sausage and I add ground beef to it when I'm canning it. I wanted to add extra sausage so I got a package of sausage. I made coleslaw and dressing, rice and cornbread using soft white wheat and dried dent corn.


This is one of my favorite meals! Before we were quite finished eating, we got an email that the Azure truck was fixed and would be at the drop off location by 3 p.m. Oops . . that was about 45 minutes from when I got the email and we're 45 minutes from the drop so we finished eating, put the coolers and ice packs in the car and took off. It's a good thing I cooked because there was nothing but fast food open in that little town. The Mexican place was closed. The BBQ place we like was closed . . we would probably have come home and had a sandwich.

Tomorrow (Tuesday), I don't think we have to leave the house . . that's my hope anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!

September 7, 2026 - A New to Us Bread Recipe

  Last night Vince sent me this video and said it looks good. It did look good so I told him I would make it for breakfast this morning. I ...