Tuesday, September 8, 2026

September 8, 2026 - Weather

 Is everyone's weather crazy? Ours sure is. We've had weeks and weeks of temps over 100. Our home weather station has shown temps as high as 115. I don't even remember the last time it wasn't over 100 in the daytime - it's probably been well over a month. And the last time we had rain . . I would guess two months and my water bill will confirm that guess!  :)

Tomorrow we're supposed to break yet another record. The weather guy says 102 for a high but I'm betting at our house, it will be warmer. We're in a valley and it always seems to be a few degrees colder than it is in town and apparently in the summer, we're a few degrees warmer.


Then, look at our low for 9/20 -- just 12 days later.


Many nights that low and my okra will be done. When the okra is done, that's the end of the garden for me. I'll put the rosemary in the greenhouse. It's all in small pots but I'm pretty much ready for this year's gardening season to be over . . though I do hate to lose my okra this early. One 47 degree night may not hurt it but several in a row will and if the forecast says 47, it well might be 43 at our house. 

It's ok . . not much I can do about it but I'm ready to get out the sweaters and wool socks and sit and cross stitch all day vs. pulling weeds, squishing bugs and watering plants!

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you and for my family in Arkansas. Our highs in Montana were miserable in July and August but the last week of August and now into September we are having fall temps, our high today has been 69! I'm loving it! I wouldn't care if I never saw a temp over 75 degrees!--the only place I've found that has those kind of temps is San Diego and that's not happening!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!

September 8, 2026 - Bread - Buns and Rolls

  Since yesterday was our Azure pickup, put the spelt in a bucket this morning and realized it looked a little wimpy. I'm guessing it...