Two more bags are packed and in the roulette box. It may be months (or days) before I pull something out of the box to start working on. I have to be up to date with the Blackbird Academy projects (I am not finished with September's project) and I have to have at least one empty scroll frames (I do not!)
Here are the projects I added to bags today:
The first one is Little Deeds Sampler by Plum Street. It was already kitted with floss and linen but the linen is the old Weeks (not Zwiegart) and I don't really like it so I changed it to a 40 count natural tea bag by Graham Cracker Linens.
Here's the point where I can do a little planning. The stitched area should be 6-1/2" x 7-7/8". I'm just going to call it 6-1/2" x 8". If I were to leave 3/4" on each side, the frame would need to be 8 x 9-1/2" . . which would likely mean buying a custom Frame. If I add 9 more stitches to the side borders, that would make it come out the perfect size for an 8 x 10 frame and I have LOTS of those so I've made a note to add a few extra rows between some of the places that look a little crowded and that will save $$ on the frame!
The second piece that was added to the roulette box is
The second one that was added is The Light of Winter by Brenda Gervais. This is one I got as a kit and this is probably the final kit I will ever buy. First, I have all the linen I will ever need . . probably floss too. Second, I understand the shops get LOTS of orders and cutting linen takes time but . . some of what I got in the last few kits I got was totally not usable. On 40 count, which was included in the kit, this would be 8-3/4 x 8-3/4". If I leave .75" on all sides, it would be 10-1/4 x 10-1/4". I would like to have at least an inch to wrap around to do the lacing so that means I would need at least 12-1/4" square linen. The piece that came with the kit was not cut straight and by the time I pulled a thread to make sure it was straight and to be sure I have enough linen, my piece is 12" x 12-/14". I can do it but if I had been using linen I purchased, I would not have gone with less than 13" x 13". Most anyone will suggest starting with at least three extra inches on each side. I'm happy with two extra inches but I'm not happy with shops that cut it too close. So . . no more kits for me.
So, I pulled two extra piece of linen. The piece that came with the kit is the one to the right of the chart. The linen on the bottom left is Colour & Cotton's Golden Oak. The piece on the bottom right is Cedar River Linen's Coffee Stain. I think either of those pieces will be fine so all three linens are in the bag for this project.
Both of these have now been setup in Markup R-XP so I'm ready to go . . when the right time comes!
Four projects in the roulette box!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!