Thursday, October 1, 2026

October 1, 2026 - Two Projects in the Roulette Box

One of my goals for today was to get a couple of projects kitted and in my "roulette" box. It isn't really roulette for me because I'm not doing to draw numbers. I'm going to mix the bags all up, grab the first one and work on it . . when the time is right. That's not right now!  :)

Today I kitted Spooky Mansion.


That's the photo from the Etsy listing. You will see why I didn't use the one I printed. The colors are so off but I kinda like the purple house!


It looks way more purple in person! I ordered the White Rose floss from Primrose Yarns and asked for their help with converting the colors. When I looked at the chart I had printed and the colors of floss they suggested, I was thinking something wasn't right so I went back to the Etsy listing and realized my printer was way off. Since I like the purple house my printer chose for me, I went ahead and pulled those two purple flosses on the left side. I'm not sure what I'll actually use. The sample was stitched on Grandpa's Sleeve by X-Ju Designs and I had that in 40 count, which is what the model was stitched on, so I'm going to use it.

Each bag will get a working copy of the chart, the linen, the floss and a pack of needles.

The second one I kitted up was Pink Coat Santa by Teresa Kogut. 


The colors are more peachy than pink. I may change them but I may not. I've looked at some that were changed to more pink but they kinda look too pink. I'll figure it out when the time comes.

This one is kitted with the called for colors of floss. For linen, I'm using Fiber on a Whim's Espresso, 40 count.


I think these are the bags Tara used. She's the one whose flosstube inspired me to do this. The bottom has a gusset so they will easily hold everything I'm putting in them and they should stand up in a bin. 


There are fairly decent sized Velcro "dots" to keep the flap closed and they are very grippy.


I ordered some 2026 and 2027 stickers. I'm sticking one of those on the top left of each bag and that way I will know when this project was kitted. Wish I had started this much earlier!

Only projects that I REALLY want to stitch are going into these little bags so, no matter which one I grab, I'll be happy to be stitching on it.

I'll keep you posted on how this plan works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!

October 1, 2026 - Two Projects in the Roulette Box

One of my goals for today was to get a couple of projects kitted and in my "roulette" box. It isn't really roulette for me bec...