First off, let me say I'm praying for all in the path of the hurricane. My heart hurts for you all. It's stressful even if you don't take a direct hit - lots of anxiety waiting to see where it will hit and having friends and families who will suffer, even if you don't. I lived near the coast in Louisiana from the time I was 5 until Vince and I married in 1997. As a kid, a hurricane warning and evacuation order meant an extra trip to grandma's. They lived two hours north of us and even though they could get winds and rain, it was mostly safer there. Then when I became an adult and especially a home owner, I wished it was as simple as packing a bag and going to grandma's house. In all the years of living there, we never had a direct hit or serious hurricane damage but that area has had several very damaging storms in the past decade or so. My uncle still lives there, as well as many friends.
Even though Louisiana, at least not southwest Louisiana where I am from, should be safe, I do feel for all of those in harm's way and pray you will all be safe and not suffer damages and if you do, getting things put back together won't be too stressful.
I talked to Chad today and they are not headed to the affected area. I've seen pictures and it looks like there are lots of utility works headed to the area; many already as close as they can safely get. Please pray for those folks too, as well as their families left behind.
You may remember that several years back, Chad had gone to New York (Long Island I think) to help there. They were there for weeks - maybe a month or more. They started back and on the way home, a derecho hit . . Iowa maybe. They got re-routed back to that area and were there quite a while. Then when they got home, he was home one night and was sent to Louisiana when Hurricane Laura hit there. I think Chad spent one night at home in 3 or 4 months. I'm always happy when he goes to help but I'm happy when he's home.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!