Sunday, August 16, 2026

August 16, 2026 - Cross Stitching - Christmas Rose is Finished!

 Last night I finished Christmas Rose. This is my first project for Blackbird Academy. 

It was late last night when I finished it and the photos are kinda blown out with the lighting in the basement. I had already grabbed a few frames to see if anything I have here might work.

I'll just number them so if anyone wants to let me know what frame you like best, just tell me the number (or  you can tell me anything you want to tell me!)  :)

No. 1.


I like my pieces framed a bit tighter but these are standard 8 x 10 frames and since it's a piece that won't be out all year, I figured this size would work since any custom frame is going to be at least $50. And, once it's laced and pulled a bit tighter, I don't think the space on the sides will be quite so wide. But, I could change my mind. Here are a few other options. Any thoughts (on the specific frame or the spacing)?

No. 2.



No. 3.



No. 4.

No. 5.


I pretty much like all of them but I feel like #2 might be kinda wide. I think this is the order in which I like them:  1, 3, 4, 5, 2. Help me please!!  :)

For anyone who isn't familiar with Blackbird Academy and may want to join, there's a Facebook group, Blackbird Academy SAL, with over 2,000 members and quite a bit of fun activity there. The project is the brainchild of Holly Jones (Mrs. Jones Stitches) and Leah (The Blooming Stitcher). Both are fun flosstubers so please take a look at their videos if you're a stitcher.


3 comments:

  1. I like 3 followed by 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like #1 since the frame looks like it has ornaments on it.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like 1 and 4. I think #3 is a bit primitive for this piece.
    Sarah in NE TX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and try to respond to all of them!

August 16, 2026 - The Next Blackbird Academy Project - Come Into My Garden

I've already written about this project, Come Into My Garden by Blackbird Designs, but I am so excited to get to start it.  The Septembe...